Point Blank Music School: Week 7



Week 7: Mixing Basics



  • Sweeps, washes, reverses, cymbals, FX
  • Freeze & Flatten options
  • Session view: set up, extending faders, sizing
  • Grouping tracks for mixing and processing
  • Spectrum analysing: using it to 'see' sound
  • Functional FX: EQ Eight and Auto Filter HP
  • Compression: attack/release, side chaining

So I've reached week 7 of Point Blank's online Ableton course and we've come to the subject of mixing and pre-mastering. However, what makes this week special is that I am actually not at home, but on vacation in Miami. So even though I am far away from home, I am able to attend the course and could also join this weeks masterclass. I haven't yet had the time to go through the self study part for this week, but fortunately Point Blank allows students access to the material for 1 year after the course has officially ended. So there's enough time for me to return to this subject later. 

On another note, the course forum is flourishing with great inputs and questions which get answered both by other course participants and the instructor. There are a lot of tips and tricks to be picked up along the way, even for the questions you didn't think of yourself. 

Next week I will have to submit my last home assignment, which will be a full and finished track. I hope to share this with all of you then. My work will then be reviewed by the instructor, who will give me a recorded video response with feedback. 

More info on the course I am taking: CLICK HERE (via Point Blank).
Also visit Point Blank to see all their programs and offerings: www.pointblanklondon.com

Comments

Popular Posts